Melea Rose-Waters's Reviews > Prep

Prep by Curtis Sittenfeld

Jan 15, 10

bookshelves: 2010
Read in January, 2010

This book is on my nerves. I'm going to give it my best and try to finish the last 150 or so pages but I may tear each page out one at a time and burn it as I read it.

011510. Finally finished!!! This one almost made it to my "couldn't finish" list but I made it!

Lee has zero growth throughout the entire book until the last 50 pages, when she actually becomes interesting only because she becomes controversial.

I know it's wrong to judge a book by its cover, but the cover didn't reflect the feel of this book at all. The cover says "light, airy, cheery, fun". In reality it's "sad, self absorbed, pathetic, dark".

If only the book had started within the last 100 pages and continued from there, it may have had some hope.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Prep.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Gretchen I hope you like this book! I really liked it!! Did you notice what book I am reading right now? I thought of you & Stacy (even tho I haven't met him) when I picked it up!

Melea Rose-Waters I hadn't gotten the update yet so I had to go look! Cool! It is intense!

So far Prep is pretty good. I'm almost 200 pages in. I thought it would be a fun beach read but it's more serious than I had expected!

Maria Amen, Melea! ;) I think I'm the only one of my friends who didn't like this book! I thought the main character was SO whiny and she grated on my nerves. It's like...ENOUGH already!!! I forced myself to finish it because I kept hoping it would get better, but it never did. :P

message 4: by Erin (new)

Erin I also hated this book! I have no idea why it was so popular. It was whiny and had some of the most vile characters I can remember reading.