Jenna's Reviews > Strange Angels

Strange Angels by Lili St. Crow

Dec 30, 09

bookshelves: young-adult, read-in-2009, paranormal
Read in December, 2009

I read this book because I read somewhere that it was similar to the show Supernatural, which is my one 'watch live, can't miss' show. So I had high hopes for the book. There were a lot of similarities. Father that begins hunting the supernatural after the mother dies, dragging the kid(s) along and teaching them the ropes (sorta). But Sam and Dean are much more capable than Dru and the show has a lot more action than this book did.

Parts of the book were just really slow. There are only so many descriptions of jewel colored eyes and wild hair I can handle before I just wanted to throw the book down. I had to force myself to keep reading a couple times. Dru wasn't very likable to me at times. Sometimes she knew what she was doing, but then she'd be back to the frightened little girl that needed someone to guide her or save her. I hated how she referred to Graves as "kid" through most of the book. It just seemed weird as they're the same age and have both had abnormal life experiences.

The book picked up when Christophe appeared, but even then the action descriptions weren't that great and a couple of times were kind of confusing.

The second book in the series is on its way to me, so hopefully I'll like that one more than this one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Strange Angels.