Joyzi's Reviews > Much Ado About Nothing

Much Ado About Nothing by William Shakespeare

Jan 19, 10

bookshelves: classics, reviewed, historical-fiction, historical-romance, own, fiction, humor, author-brit, poetry
Read on January 02, 2010

Cute, sweet, witty, entertaining, funny, tragic and romantic.

The Benedick/Beatrice love-hate relationship brings the gem in this play. They literally hate each other at first because of their views about love and marriage. They both swear to live as a bachelor forever rather to be married. After that their friends plan to make them fall in love with each other by deceiving both of them that the other love them and just not want to tell it to the other. Their chemistry is just lovely they both intelligent and their argument is funny and cute. When they confess their love for one another it was very funny because they're like very proud of themselves that confessing love was really like hard for them. The couple ended together at the end of the play.

The other couple Hero/Claudio tragic/comic love story is just stupid. First I really hate Claudio for he's an ass by declaring to all the people in their wedding that Hero was a whore despite of lack of investigation. This make me think that Claudio didn't really love Hero because if he love her truly he wouldn't shame her in front of so many people and he didn't ask her first if what he saw last night was really her. Hero also was very silent after what Claudio than to him and she doesn't even defend herself thus making his father believe at first that she really cheated on Claudio. I really hate that in the end they got together and married if I were Hero after I redeem myself I wouldn't marry this jerk.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Much Ado About Nothing.