elscorcho's Reviews > The Club Dumas

The Club Dumas by Arturo Pérez-Reverte

Jan 19, 2010

bookshelves: 2010, mystery, spain
Read in January, 2010

i spent a few days thinking about the book before making any comments in either direction. now i think i can talk about it, and know what im feeling.

first. i really liked the feel of the book. it was kind of dark, but im not so sure if that is just what i read into it. i saw the 9th gate a while ago.. but don't remember it well enough to compare it to the book. that said, i was totaly free to immagine everything the way i wanted to.. except that i did often see corso as a johnny depp look alike.

I liked the double plot merging into one concept.. i thought it was creative, and believable. I really thought the plots were somehow intertwined, and when i found that they were not, i was kind of bummed.

I also enjoyed the history lesson on dumas. I read 3musketeers, man in the iron mask, and count of monte cristo some years ago, so it was nice, and it was like revisiting an old friend... or friends. However maybe i learned too much about the folks that d'artagnan and his friends were baised on.

What i didn't like, was the ending, and so without going into too much detail, i'll leave it at that.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Club Dumas.

12/29/2009 page 31