Kenny's Reviews > Destiny of Souls: New Case Studies of Life Between Lives

Destiny of Souls by Michael   Newton

Oct 05, 2014

bookshelves: religion
Read in December, 2009

"Destiny of Souls" is the follow-up to Newton's "Journey of Souls," expanding upon the basic "map" of the Spirit World and the movement of souls through that world as they review their past life and prepare for their next incarnation.

Much denser than JOS, this book offers details unavailable in that first book and is recommended only if you found the JOS compelling. I did, and thus I enjoyed this book immensely, especially the 65 new case studies in which Michael Newton hypnotically regresses his subjects first to a past life, then moves them forward through their death in that life, then on to the "eternal now" of the Spirit World, where the fondest hopes and aspirations of our souls are realized: we are eternal beings, destined (if we desire it) to become perfect, to guide other souls in their search for perfection, to aid in the creation of planets upon which other eternal souls will dwell, and to ultimately join with the Source of all life, what we call prosaically "God."

Aside from my own spiritual beliefs (I was raised a Mormon and I'd say 90% of LDS theology dovetails nicely with Newton's revelations), what impressed me the most about Newton's research is the consistency of recall over hundreds of hypnosis subjects. While there are other explanations (Jung's "collective unconscious" comes to mind, as well as the "genetic memory" theory), Newton's discoveries seemed most likely to me. In the words of Joseph Smith, founder of Mormonism and a true charismatic sage: "Truth tastes good."

The purpose of our lives as detailed more fully in "Destiny of Souls" does just that: it tastes wonderful.
6 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Destiny of Souls.

03/21 marked as: read

Michelle Lovely review. Added to my 'to read' shelf.

Krista As a practicing LDS member, I agree that LDS theology really does provide for this, even if the culture rejects it, haha! There are a few places that my own experience (and interpretation of that experience) differs from what Newton's found, but nothing that prevents me from truly appreciating what he finds and shares of his own thoughts. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, too!