Alex's Reviews > Love in the Afternoon

Love in the Afternoon by Lisa Kleypas

Dec 16, 12

bookshelves: 2010-books, historical-romance, e-books
Read from July 02 to 04, 2010

I actually would rate this 3.5 stars. I absolutely love the 'Hathaway Series', ESPECIALLY 'MARRIED BY MORNING' (those who set high expectations towards any book, would never be a satisfied in the end).

'Love in the Afternoon', I found, had a very different story plot/climax structure....I found it to be a very "Lisa Kleypas" in the beginning but after the characters' declaration of their love(which happened way too early, for me), I found the book to be flat in the end. Lisa should of worked or better yet, prolonged with what she had created in the beginning until the end.

Another problem I had with this book was that there wasn't a tiny private subplot from previous characters (ex Kev/Win, Poppy/Harry). I was TOTALLY looking forward to Leo/Cat sublpot; there was one but it wasn't what I expected/wanted.

From what I heard of, Lisa wrote the last two books in a tight deadline & I think she kind of rushed the end of this book series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love in the Afternoon.