Lisa's Reviews > To the Power of Three

To the Power of Three by Laura Lippman

Oct 24, 10

Read from October 15 to 24, 2010

** spoiler alert ** I wish they allowed for two and a half stars, because thats right where this book falls. It was entertaining, I finished it. But, not very good. It wasnt that well written. The characters were all very unlikeable and a bit flat. We knew these three teens had a great friendship turned bad, because the author told us. But, she didnt really show us. There was no depth to their relationship and it made the book feel lacking the entire story. The worst part of the novel was that I just couldnt get past the fact that I cant believe this character Perri would kill herself or at the very least threaten to, over three dead pigs and car accident involving three jocks. As I read the "confession" from Jessie, I kept waiting for another twist, because the explination for the whole incident seemed so implausible. The author didnt depict Perri as twisted and manic enough that she would go to such lengths, death, to prove her friend was a fraud. And I really cant get behind the fact that Jessie would shoot herself in the foot to cover up the whole thing. Skip it unless you have nothing else to read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read To the Power of Three.