Nely's Reviews > The Summer We Fell Apart

The Summer We Fell Apart by Robin Antalek

Feb 17, 10

bookshelves: for-review
Read in January, 2010

I enjoyed the way this story was told - five characters (four siblings and their mother) and their five points of view. It almost gave it a feel as if they were five loosely related stories - but in the end I think the stories were so well-blended and ran so fluidly from one to the next that I couldn't classify it as a compilation of short stories.

The characters Ms. Antalek riddles these pages with will become your friends. You will laugh and shed tears with them. Their stories will make you fall in love, they will cause you heart break, but mostly they will make you feel as if you are a part of this dysfunctional family.

This is an emotionally riveting book which covers a range of family issues — a wrecked marriage, substance abuse, sibling rivalries, adults coming to terms with their upbringing and how all these issues affect their relationships.

I picked this book up and devoured it within a couple of hours and was actually saddened that my time with it was over much too quickly. For fans of character driven novels, with loads of family drama, this is definitely one you won't want to miss out on.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Summer We Fell Apart.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Nice review Nely