Angela Alcorn's Reviews > The Ethnic Paris Cookbook

The Ethnic Paris Cookbook by Charlotte Puckette

When you you say you've *read* a cookbook exactly?

Anyway, I had a half-hour of perusing this lovely book and I've decided I need to spend a lot more time with it.

The book goes through several flavours of ethnic cuisine, including Vietnamese, Japanese, Moroccan and other types of African cuisine. The recipes are easy to understand and diagrams have been provided for tricky pastry folding and suchlike.

There's also snippets of background information on the dishes and ingredients: what sort of person would eat it (poor/rich) and when (festivals/everyday). It's quite interesting to read.

What's great from an English-person-in-France mentality is that it also has the French name of the recipe, plus many of the pictures have the French names for ingredients. This makes it much easier to try and find the more obscure ingredients! Also, they've helpfully suggested where you might be able to find some of the more difficult items.

From a traveller perspective, it also introduces a whole lot of Parisian restaurants you can't help but want to visit.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Ethnic Paris Cookbook.