Laura the Highland Hussy's Reviews > The Crossing

The Crossing by Joy Nash

2043222
This book began soo well! I loved the instant action and the instant attraction, but once the middle hit, I got annoyed, or maybe disappointed.
Artemis Black is a unique type of witch; her lineage has both demons and life magic in it...she has great power over all elements and is the only one who has ever entwined both life and death magic flawlessly. However, she gets caught skimming fae life essence. Mac gets called in, we remember him from Kalen and Christine's story, and we love him. He is a fae prince/demi-god. The fae in Scotland are his responsibility. Artemis' spell brought him in, and he tracks her and finds her and falls in love instantly. Just like that. So far, I'm good.
Artemis' son has been stolen by a demon, and she must bargain for his soul; hence the stealing of life essences.
But my problem with the book, came when she betrayed Mac to the demon so she could barter passage to hell for her son, but then she betrays Mac again and again until I had a hard time believing her to be a good guy. I get the whole willing to do whatever for your child, I do, I'm a mom of two little ones, but Mac gave his immortality to Lucifer and she still had a hard time letting him in. It was a great story about light/life over-powering dark/death. Mac's sister redeemed herself from the other book, but still, I was annoyed that artemis was such a non-believer in Mac. The rest of the book was awesome and I read it in 4 hrs! Still a keeper, but I just got irritated that she betrayed him.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Crossing.

01/06/2010 page 161