Alison's Reviews > How Not to Be Popular

How Not to Be Popular by Jennifer Ziegler

Dec 27, 09

bookshelves: alison-8th-grade-ir-reports-sadelle

this book is about a girl, named Maggie, who lives with her hippy parents.her parents love to move, so she never stays in one place for more then 8 months. Every time she has to move she loses good friends. so when she moves from Portland to Austin Texas, she decides enough is enough. she decides to act like a social outcast, so she wont make any friends. she fails.

i can kind of relate to her, or at least see where she is coming from. i can see why she might want to try to make no friends. she sort of reminds me of myself to, just because we both seem to have the same political ideas.

Can i just start by saying, that normally i wouldn't pick up a book with that kind of tittle? i mean really, any book with the word "popular" in it is going to be just another one of those horrible Clichés like The Clique. but honestly, it really wasn't that bad. I didn't hate her, like i would any other main character in any other book with the word "popular" in the tittle, mainly because she wasn't a jerk who you really wouldn't mind throwing off a cliff.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How Not to Be Popular.