Amanda's Reviews > Wild Ride

Wild Ride by Jennifer Crusie

Mar 18, 10

bookshelves: contemporary-romance, reviewed, paranormal-romance, military-related-romance
Recommended for: Anyone
Read from March 13 to 16, 2010 — I own a copy

I don't know how to start my review on this book... I thought well maybe I should give myself some time before I write my review on it. Then decided that no; I would lose my just finished reading feelings on it. I love Jennifer Crusie by herself, I have deeply enjoyed everything that I have read by her so far, but I honestly feel that when Jennifer Crusie and Bob Mayer sit down together and write a book, that it's as if it was written by a pen tipped in gold. I guess their style just sets well with me. So I was greatly excited about this book because it had been a while since I had a book by them to read.

I wasn't expecting what I got though, and found it very hard at first to not compare it to the previous works of the Fantastic Duo (it's my name for them) but once I was able to get past the beginning strangeness and set aside my thoughts of how I thought it should be and wanted it to be. I fell in love with the story.

I was caught off guard by the main characters and liked that for a very large portion of the story you have no idea what's going to happen with them. I very much enjoyed Mab from the very beginning and Ethan grew on me as the story progressed. It's not that I didn't like his character because I did and found him very realistic and made me feel for him from the very beginning. He was just so gruff and the drinking even though I understood it may be kept him from being my favorite at first. All the secondary character as well was great to me. I think out of all of them I loved Oliver the most, then Mab, Ethan, and Weaver, and so on. There wasn't one character even the bad guys that I didn't like.

This was probably one of the funniest, even thought it had its moments where the story took a dark turn and was funny at all; books I have read this year. What with Mab's sarcastic remarks and Ethan's very little patience with women and their emotions. I truly found so many things great and enjoyable about this book. I hate that I went in not open minded about where the story would be taking me but am very grateful that I finally got my act together and found the greatness of this story. It will make you laugh, feel good, keep you on the edge of your seat, and leave you feeling very satisfied when you finish that last page.

1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wild Ride.

03/13/2010 page 1
03/15/2010 page 71
20.23% "This is not what I thinking it would be... I'm actually a little lost right now... I hope I'm not disapointed."
03/16/2010 page 131
37.32% "Things are lookng up & its really getting hard to put down... Now lets see if what I want to happen actually happens... oh please oh please"
show 1 hidden update…