Effie's Reviews > Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side

Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey

Dec 08, 10

bookshelves: 5-stars, ya-books, favorites, reviewed
Read in December, 2009

The book was amazing! It left me wanting for more. I didn’t expect to love it so more because of the title. My first thoughts when I saw the title was that it was another cheesy vampire book but I was so wrong and I am gland. Don’t judge a book from its cover and title!

The storyline was interesting so far from most vampire books. I liked that you got into the story from the very first page. The story has passion, sadness, violence, and politics....things that were combined really well, and seemed to bond nicely together.

The characters were all well developed especially Lucius. At the beginning you see him as the vampire prince he is, taught and manly but afterwards you get a glimpse of the boy who struggles with fate along with Jessica.

This is a debut novel for the author and her writing was refreshing and easy going.
I would recommend this to anyone who like vampires.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side.

Quotes Effie Liked

Beth Fantaskey
“Where do you. come from?" Frank challenged, puffing his chest, a little bolder now that he could breathe. "Some of us are starting to wonder."
"I come from civilization," Lucius retorted. "You wouldn't be familiar with the territory. Now pick up the books.”
Beth Fantaskey, Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side

Beth Fantaskey
“American women. Why do you all want to be nearly invisible? Why not have a physical presence in the world? Women should have curves, not angles. ...One should never confuse fashionable with beautiful. ...Eat. Be happy to have curves. A presence.”
Beth Fantaskey, Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side

12/29/2009 page 42
12/29/2009 page 154
43.87% "i am glad to pick this book.. i realy love it!"
show 3 hidden updates…