Shannon Stults's Reviews > Tenth Grade Bleeds

Tenth Grade Bleeds by Heather Brewer

Jan 19, 11

bookshelves: young-adult, i-own, 2011, series
Read from January 10 to 17, 2011 — I own a copy

Good news: Vlad has survived long enough to make it to the Tenth Grade, he's dating the girl of his dreams, and he's starting to get a leg up on the usual bully problem. The bad news? His best friend doesn't want to be his drudge anymore, D'Ablo is still out to get him (along with the rest of the Elysian Council), and his thirst for blood is getting dangerously worse. How can Vlad possibly get through another year?

Problems: I'm absolutely distraught about his this thing with Snow. I won't include details so as not to spoil it, but I really don't like it. Sure it adds to the story, but it makes me sad. Also, are teenage boys supposed to cry this much? I grew up with older sisters, so I honestly have no idea how much boys cry, but Vlad is almost ALWAYS crying!

Praises: Brewer still makes me laugh at Vlad's innocence... especially when considering that he is a blood-sucking vampire. And, once again, I LOVE Henry. There was a major rough spot in there, and I got scared. But I could see Henry's side, and it all worked out in the end anyway. Woohoo! I'm excited to see how he progresses in the next two books as well.

Predictions:
1) I think there is a possibility that Vlad could lose his powers, that D'Ablo will complete the ritual and that Vlad will have to choose between getting his powers back and giving up his status as the Pravus.
2) I still think that Meredith and Eddie will find out and support him in the end, even help him out.
3) I don't trust Snow. I don't know why, but I feel like something major is going to happen here... and it's not going to be good. Especially since Joss is coming back in the next book. Something tells me he wouldn't be too thrilled about what Vlad's doing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tenth Grade Bleeds.