Adriana B's Reviews > Vampire Academy

Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

Jul 28, 10

bookshelves: vampires, best-books-ever, obsessed

I read this book about a year ago before I started Goodreads and am now finally writing a review on it.

I like the idea of it: half vampires called dhampir's protecting blood drinking vamps called the Moroi from the "true" vamps called Strigoi, who want to drink Moroi blood. It follows the story of Rose a dhampir in training at St. Vladimir’s academy. Her best friend is Lissa a Moroi princess who has a unique power. I won’t give anything away for those of you planning to read the book but I'll say what I thought about it.

Rose is a different character from any of those I have read before. She can get slightly annoying at times and other times make me laugh out loud. All the other supporting characters are amazing too.

Overall I liked Vampire Academy but in my opinion it is not as good as others I have read. Some parts tended to drag a bit where I was thinking "C'mon lets have something happen already". It got more exciting at the end and eventually made me want to read the sequel. I would recommend this to anyone into vampires or wanting an interesting series with a lot of books in it (6 books overall for Vamp Academy series).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vampire Academy.