oliviasbooks's Reviews > Enna Burning

Enna Burning by Shannon Hale

Jan 01, 11

bookshelves: fantasy, young-adult-fiction, unfinished, paranormal-humans, swapped-or-given-away, unfinished-2010
Recommended to oliviasbooks by: Teccc

I've only read about 37 pages, but after setting the book aside two months ago I cannot muster enough motivation to pick it up again. I liked both Enna and Isi so much in The Goose Girl, but somehow Enna has become boring and Isi has become unsure, unstable and weak and ill at ease with her husband. Since I own Forest Born already I plan to skip the volume in between and give the last one a try.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Enna Burning.

10/17/2010 page 37
10/17/2010 page 37
12.0% "I do not like the turn Isi's powers are taking. It makes her seem so weak."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

oliviasbooks Will I get into it?

oliviasbooks Shall I stop?

Teccc Oh :(
Well, on to better books :)

It should not be a problem to skip “River Secrets” and continue with “Forest Born”. However I liked “Enna Burning” better than “Forest Born”.

oliviasbooks Thank you, Teccc! Do you want it back?

Teccc Interesting idea ;) Yes, I think I would like to have it back. So we swap it 1:1 for “The Demon King” and are even?

Miss Spookyverse [¬º-°]¬ I really enjoyed Goose Girl, too and then Enna Burning was so boring and disappointing :( I can assure you, it doesn't get any better after page 37 :/

Teccc It arrived today. Thanks!

message 9: by oliviasbooks (last edited Jan 11, 2011 12:30PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

oliviasbooks Ohh, good. I thought it was one of those lost cases from your packstation. And certainly I'll mail Six Impossible Things to your home address (it's wrapped and labled now). You have to complain to DHL! Before Christmas one door at my packstation was stuck (or frozen?). So the box registered my parcel as delivered although it was still inside ther box. I called and they sent a technican who put it into another box.

Teccc I complained to DHL and they told me they would send someone to search for my books. Now today there were 2 books in my Packstation. But I have no way of knowing if these 2 books are my lost books from last week or newly arrived books: I am expecting several books from TBD and it could be that they arrived last week and still are lost or they could still be on their way to me and arrive soon.
I guess it will take a few days until everything is sorted out.