Melissa ♥♫'s Reviews > Mockingjay

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

2251929
Mar 19, 13

** spoiler alert ** This review is supposed to be hidden by the spoiler alert, but everyone is yelling at me telling me I spoiled the whole story so idk I'm really confused and I've checked that the review is hidden like 3 times and I do have it checked to "hide entire review because of spoilers" so I'm just putting this here, honestly this is probably the least spoiling review...if that makes sense. Sorry to anyone who's enjoyment of the book was ruined, just go find other reviews to read, nobody's perfect.

Also I changed some parts because, again, the review should be hidden but...yeah
Parts I change are lower case in the middle of the caps, it should be pretty obvious
*I hope I changed all the parts that people were upset about with spoilers and just let me know is anything else is a spoiler.

OMG I CANNOT BELIEVE all those people DIE!!!!!!!!!
AND the end with gale/petta thing
AND Katniss DOESN'T EVEN CARE what happened?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
I MEAN AT FIRST I WAS A TOTAL TEAM GALE BUT THEN I WAS LIKE WELL PEETA IS OKISH I GUESS MAYBE BUT AS LONG AS GALE STILL HAS THAT SPECIAL BOND AND HES HER BEST FRIEND AND HES THE ONE SHE CONFIDES IN AND STUFF AND SHE LOVES HIM AS A FRIEND THAN OK FIND GO MARRY PEETA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CANNOT BELIEVE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I AND DID SC HAVE TO KILL ALL THOSE PPL?????
AND WHAT HAPPENS TO HAYMITCH?
I WISH THEY HAD MORE OF HAYMITCH'S HUMOR
THIS BOOK NEEDED MORE HUMOR, MORE HAYMITCH
THE BOOK WAS STILL REALLY GOOD AND I REALLY LIKED THE PARTS WITH PREZ COIN AND PREZ SNOW AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THE BOOK WAS DEFINITELY NOT THE BEST I'D SAY THE SERIES BOOKS GO LIKE THIS
gale might as well have died
i also wanted more finnick and annie

1.)Catching Fire
2.)The Hunger Games
3.)Mockingjay

if u read this sorry about all the caps

UPDATE
ok so first yeah sorry again for my caps lock but I don't think I should change it as it reminds me how strong my feelings were then I guess so i don't hate Peeta now. But yeah no favoritism here haha
So Katniss as a mother was... strange, weird, it felt wrong
the whole voice and feel of the ending where katniss is talking and says "the girl knows" it just felt awkward with Katniss as a mom and since it was 1st person she also sounded so disconnected (as Hannah commented below Katniss sounded lifeless and I agree) like she didnt even bother to call her kids by their names just "the girl" I still need 2 get used to it
and wow i said like a lot

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mockingjay.

message 1: by Shaun (new)

Shaun I agree Peeta sucks

Katie I know gale sounds so much more attractive and Peeta sounds like a hog!! And a just not a nice person in my opinion

message 3: by Ray (new)

Ray Go Gale!

message 4: by Lana (new) - added it

Lana Nice to know you people also don't fancy Peeta)) Agree with Katie, he does sound like a hog)) I detested him from the first book, don't know why. I couldn't help it.
Gale is the one for Katniss...

message 5: by Levina (last edited Apr 20, 2010 03:22PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Levina  C. It's unanimous. (in here, that is...=\

message 6: by Raven (new)

Raven Good to know some ppl like me also hate peeta :) i hated him ever since he started to get close to katniss days b4 they entered the arena. i knew ther would be a love triangle between katniss, gale and peeta and i knew i would team gale wen peeta said he loves katniss

message 7: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah Honeycutt are yall crazy! im for BOTH!
peeta is absolutely 100% INLOVE with katniss, and they've been through EVERYTHING together. he will do everything in his power for her.
but then again theres gale, so handsome, so charming... and they are bestfriends why shouldnt they be together.
its a tough choice for me, i cant pickk.

Katniss_fan I agree with sarah!!! i <3 both gale and peeta!!!!!!!

message 9: by Lindsay (last edited May 12, 2010 05:36PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lindsay Oh snap. I like Peeta.

I don't hate Gale, though.

message 10: by Mie (new) - added it

Mie You can say that again!! Gale the tall, dark and handsome is so much better than The boy with the bread. /: (:

message 11: by Melissa ♥♫ (last edited May 16, 2010 04:31PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Melissa ♥♫ if katniss had just killed peeta in the first book when the was with the careers
anyways peeta is so LOUD he scares away all the prey when katniss hunts
GALE on the other hand is a great hunter like katniss
he makes fantastic traps
peeta? useless

message 12: by Mie (new) - added it

Mie haha.
>>-T-E-A-M-G-A-L-E-►
Bless his velvet tread.

Lynner12 what's so cool about Gale?

PEETA ROCKS!!!!!!

Lianne I would LOVE Gale so much. I don't know, I always want best friends to end up together. It's unbearable. But let's not be blinded by the fact Katniss has actually and unknowingly fallen for Peeta.

plus, She has been through ups and downs with both boys.

Lynner12 i guess so. both of them love her but out of the two i think peeta would do anything for katniss where as gale has his limit. it's just that peeta is selfless, and gale seams more..... i don't know.

Hannah Colvin I <3 Peeta!

message 17: by Melissa ♥♫ (last edited May 20, 2010 06:29PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Melissa ♥♫ gale seems selfishish because he was like, talking about how staying is the right thing to do when katniss wants to leave
he knows katniss would be able to help and he obviously knew she was the mockingjay, the rebellion was cause of her
but she wanted to go, gale wanted to stay because he didn't want to abandon everyone
the ppl at the hob, his family, katniss's family
so he seems more mean
sry that was long

message 18: by Dina (new) - added it

Dina Sarah wrote: "are yall crazy! im for BOTH!
but then again theres gale, so..."

I AGREE

message 19: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Sarah wrote: "are yall crazy! im for BOTH!
but then again theres gale, so..."

omg me 2 i cant choose at first i was like go gale hen i was like forget gale go peeta now i just dont know!!!im so mad i cant choose.

message 20: by Lornie (new)

Lornie all my friends say peeta is better cause her saved her in the hunger games, but gale saved her physically and emotionally.

1) emotionally
she is able to talk to him about everything

2) physically
when her and her family were starving gale taught katniss how to hunt!

Jessica Gale!

message 22: by B (new) - rated it 4 stars

B i kinda like peeta- he has a character, can be charming or funny when gale is just so serious...

★ Jess peeta is a much nicer person. Hes done so much more for Katniss then Gale ever has.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Ha ha this is the best review I have ever read. :D

message 25: by Lauren (new)

Lauren I think that while yes, Peeta is more "selfless" as some people mentioned, he's very bland and the only thing I know about his character is that he loves Katniss... and he bakes... bread.

Anyway, Gale wanted to stay because it was the right thing to do and Katniss realized that later as well. So, if you look at it that way, Gale's selfless as well. Plus he's known her forever and helped keep her family alive AND he doesn't get injured all the time.

Katniss is better off with her best friend.

BUT:

I think that the romance is NOT the best part of the book. The plot is amazing even without the love triangle.

message 26: by Annie (last edited Jun 13, 2010 01:46PM) (new) - added it

Annie She'll probably end up with Peeta, not that I'm biased towards him or anything (if anyone ends up with anyone at all-actually, that'd be a really cool way to pull off the ending if they all live, Katniss not ending up with anyone) because they got the most screen time (the kiss scenes sealed the deal for me). But yes, Gale is much, much more attractively described in the book.

Rachel peeta, for sure
I mean, really, Gale hasn't been in it nearly as much, and if he was I'd probably like him a lot more, but the books have been way more focused on Peeta.
honestly though, it's difficult to choose either one, because they're both the typical "nice guy", however, I choose Peeta because I've always felt sorry for the guy with unrequited love, and Peeta definitely has that. And Gale did annoy me in the first book.

Yue [Wonder of living] Gale rox my sox. :D
I LOVE HIM....
Peeta's ok. he's kinda lame though.

Cynthia Perez i know gale is awesome:D
i love him...but i like Peeta, he's ok...

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Peeta is such a pansy though. ha ha ha It makes me laugh.

message 31: by Shea (new)

Shea Some people said that Peeta scares Katniss's prey away but really how can he help that considering he has an artificial leg? And Katniss has always known Gale and maybe it's time for a change. I still don't mind Gale, but I am on team PEETA!

message 32: by Shea (new)

Shea And in message 12 someone said Katniss should have just killed Peeta when he was in the Careers, but the whole time he was in the Career group he was trying to save Katniss. Peeta would do anything to save Katniss whereas on the otherhand I am not sure if Gale would

message 33: by Cindy (new)

Cindy on the second book katniss practicly threw herself over gale to save him from the evil whip!! im sorry i just thing gale and katniss belong but i dont hate peeta... his ok

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Ditto.

Claire E. PEOPLE KEEP SAYING GALE IS GONNA DIE!!! Or they think so. Some say he will end up with someone else, and I'm like "*choked up* NOOOO, PLEASE!!!" I am totally in love with him in this series, and I know I'm a hater, but I was so happy when I thought Peeta died in Catching Fire, but I was shot down. Gale and Katniss belong together. I get so choked up and teary when I think about him. The song "If it Kills Me" by Jason Mraz SO reminds me of him. I'm gonna cry, no, sob if Gale and Katniss don't end up together.

Claire E. Also, people say that Peeta is a nice person, a gentleman. But he forced her into pretending to love him. Yeah, it might have saved her life, but what's a life worth living if you can't love who you want to, forced to be with someone because everyone else likes it? He should have thought it out more.

Cristina i kind of agree with u claire, he did give her no choice but to pretend shes in love with him, but he would do anything for her, i mean he keeps her company when she has nightmares and he would go to the end of the earth for her...but gale, i agree with some ppl he is not develped enough in the book but u have to admit if u were katniss u could not help fall for the handsome, dark guy with the dreamy eyes...anyway i feel bad 4 katniss i cant choose thats y i want to read the book so i can see what happens so i dont stress my brain trying to choose... I HAVE TO READ THAT BOOK SOON OR I WILL DYE! no i will not dye but i'll be really upset lol

message 38: by Shea (new)

Shea in message 37 Claire said Peeta forced her into pretending to love him. but Katniss pretended the whole first book that she loved him(i know it was for help from sponsers but still)and Peeta really believed she loved him which kind of broke my heart when I read that Peeta knew it was fake sooo I like Peeta because I really know how he feels Go Peeta <3

Katie Gale has barely been in either book, I don't know much about him nor do I really care, sorry, but, Peeta all the way.

message 40: by Shea (new)

Shea WOOT WOOT GO KATIE GO KATIE!

Katie Lets just hope it ends well, I have a bad feeling about this one, its one of the few series that you can't really be certain who they end up with. Come August, I will either be doing my happy dance or throwing the book across the room.

Joanna Gale,
is such a whiner things changed get over it.

Rikki GO GALE!!! hes hot and she liked itt when she kissed him and i all ways liked best friends being with eachotherrr and he actually has a oppion peeta the whimp does anything katniss wants like a puppy dog gale has a oppion fine katniss u can have peeta and ILL have gale!!!!!! hahah

Rikki Claire wrote: "PEOPLE KEEP SAYING GALE IS GONNA DIE!!! Or they think so. Some say he will end up with someone else, and I'm like "*choked up* NOOOO, PLEASE!!!" I am totally in love with him in this series, and I..."
tMEEEEE TOOOOOOOO!!!

Joanna Peeta & Katness have been through so much ,
they understand each other.

message 46: by Shea (new)

Shea I KNOW! I agree with Katie I hope I will be doing my happy dance and not throwing the book across the room:)

Marcie I never did like Peeta, I always liked Gale TONS more. I'm glad someone else agrees with me!

message 48: by Shea (new)

Shea I don't mind Gale but I just luv Peeta( and his name <3)

Carmen I HATE PEETA!!!