~Tina~'s Reviews > Kat, Incorrigible

Kat, Incorrigible by Stephanie Burgis

Apr 01, 11

bookshelves: arc, e-book, middle-grade, read-2011, hocus-pocus, historical, netgalley-e-galley
Read from March 30 to April 01, 2011

Cute, cute, cute!

Kat, Incorrigible is a charming and delightful read that will amuse any reader looking for a fun book filled with sisterly devotion, scandalous adventure and enchanting magic. I totally agree with other reviews when they said they wished this book was around when they were younger, it would have been one of my favorites as well. It's been a long time since I enjoyed a book like this and even though it's aimed for younger readers it didn't stop me from being absolutely bewitched.

I simply adored every single one of these characters but I have to say that Kat's voice really owned this one. She has the most wonderful zest for life, living in such a proper lady-like society. She's hopeless, troublesome and stubborn and those are the qualities I loved the best.
Stephanie Burgis pens this debut like a born classic. She brings a smooth and fierce voice to her historical characters and adds mischief and magic so effortlessly into the plot, making this extremely easy to lose yourself within this time period.

Bottom line, I loved this book. It's darling and adorable and truly a treasured debut!
I can't wait to see what Burgis will bring in the next book of the series; Renegade Magic.

(Arc provided by Simon & Schuster Galley Grab)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kat, Incorrigible.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Aw, this sounds great! I think I have to read this someday. Maybe sometime when I'm feeling down. Great review, Tina!

~Tina~ Thanks Jess, it's a cute pick me up, perfect for the way I've been feeling lately:)

message 3: by Nic (new)

Nic Great review Twinie!!!

~Tina~ Thanks baby!

message 5: by Amber (new)

Amber I downloaded this one. Thought I'd read it to my girls. Great review Teenie!

~Tina~ Thanks hun! Hope you enjoy!

Andrea Yay I'm glad you liked it!

~Tina~ Loved it! Wish it was around when I was younger but I still enjoyed it just as much:)

message 9: by Arlene (new)

Arlene I completely skipped right over this one! I might see if I can still grab it, but I'm so behind on my ARCs and galleys. Glad you loved it. :)