Josh Feinzimer's Reviews > The Street Lawyer

The Street Lawyer by John Grisham

Oct 24, 07

bookshelves: thriller
Recommended for: to all Grisham fans
Read in August, 2007

I've read a few less notable Grisham novels inlcuding The Summons and A Painted House. The Street Lawyer was the best of the three.

Brock's character in the book is a hero with whom the reader can identify. He goes from being a yes-man in the corporate world to a maverick on the street who defends the poor and defenseless.

I really liked the fact that the life Brock chooses in the end has nothing to do with wealth or material gains, two facets of life about which his existence seemed to be focused prior to the scene in his office early in the novel.

Finding true passion in what you do, I think, is the secret to a fulfilling existence. Brock turned down a more lucrative offer by his ex-boss to work for Mordecai Brown and live the life a Street Lawyer.

This novel is a true page-turner with a universal message from which everyone can draw meaning. Whereas in the Summons, Grisham's protagonist fends for himself and does what is in his own best interest; Brock fends for everyman and does what is best for society. If only there were more characters like Brock in the real world.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Street Lawyer.

message 1: by Hoseah (new)

Hoseah Biegon Recently I started reading the book and I really enjoyed every bit of it.