Minli's Reviews > Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist

Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist by Rachel Cohn

Jan 09, 10

bookshelves: contemporary, young-adult
Read in January, 2010

This book is FUCKING EPIC. So there.

I think all YA lit is exaggerated in a sense, not in a bad way, but in an interesting way--who wants to read about just the ordinary? Of course, I could just be saying this because it was done well here. I bet you anything the next YA book I read, I'll be griping about it being 'too unrealistic.'

What's the difference then? Writing. Levithan and Cohn's writing is sooo gorgeous in that 'witty but not so witty you're annoying and pretentious' kind of way.

And even if Nick and Norah's circumstances were 'extraordinary' the emotions and doubt and pain and redemption of being young were real and relatable. I loved softy-sensitive-ambiguously-straight!Nick and I loved bipolar-affectionate-non-frigid!Norah. And I loved Tris. TRIS! You aren't just a ho-bag, you're actually a pretty decent person even if you're full of problems. And fuck. Fuck fuck fuck. See the word? It's just a word. Young people, and some old people, talk like this.

I'm a sap, I love 'soulmate' stories, and this one's funny and touching and adorable. Fucking adorable!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Norelle I join you both,when I say it was a FANFERRYTASTIC read.Great flow,great atmosphere,great adventures. I love these guys. . .have read all their offerings. . . bring on more!