Anastasia's Reviews > Nothing Like You

Dec 24, 2009

did not like it
Recommended to Anastasia by: Simon & Schuster
Read in December, 2009 , read count: 1

I did not enjoy this book. The main character was incredibly self-defeating and lacked any sort of personal respect.

The book was written quite simply, with a lot of dialogue and lacked any sort of plot driving. There must have been about 40 pages of actual "drama," once her secrets were challenged.

I really would have liked this story to have been about a stronger, smarter, girl down on her luck who learned to respect herself. But the character wasn't that intriguing. It might have helped if there was more character building or if she thought deeper thoughts.

This line basically sums up the book; "I smiled but didn't feel happy. I felt shitty and desperate but I said, 'Okay,' anyway."
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nothing Like You.

12/23/2009 page 26
11.61% "It's a simplistic book. There's not much plot driving, and a whole lot of dialogue. Little character building."
12/23/2009 page 52
23.21% "I really wish the main character would respect herself some more. It's somewhat disheartening."
12/23/2009 page 57
25.45% "She has no respect for herself. And she's not as smart as I would have hoped."
12/23/2009 page 82
36.61% "I'm burning through this book because I can't stand to read anymore about the main character. The story is really bothering me."
12/23/2009 page 100
44.64% "This line sums up the book; "I smiled but didn't feel happy. I felt shitty and desperate but I said, 'Okay,' anyway.""
12/23/2009 page 110
49.11% "now I'm just trying to finish the book quickly"