Jess's Reviews > Married for a Month

Married for a Month by Susan Mallery

Dec 23, 2009

bookshelves: 2009, susan-mallery
Read in December, 2009

A little predictable, but still a funny and engaging book. The premise revolves around two ex-lovers who are both psychologists, Taylor and Jonathan. They each have their own idea as to how couples stay together, one thinks it's the sexual chemistry and one thinks it's compatibility. They decide to put their theories to test, and get 40 couples to live together for one month, half put together by a survey created by Taylor, and half put together by a survey created by Jonathan. Whoever has the most couples in the end wins. Of course, that's not all to the story, and there's more going on with Taylor and Jonathan than just being ex-lovers.

As I said, some of the details were a little predictable, and some things jumped out at me but I really liked the concept of the book. It was witty, and I loved all the side characters. They focused on about 3-4 couples that were involved in this one month contest, and then there was the relationship with Taylor and Jonathan, plus Taylor's mom making appearances and all of this added up to a really quick book. I flew through it in about a day, similar to how fast I go through Mallery's other books.

I've found it few and far between when I dislike a book written by Mallery, she's pretty much my "go to" author when I want to read a romantic comedy.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Married for a Month.