Kelly's Reviews > The Bermudez Triangle

1924514
Dec 22, 09

bookshelves: fiction, young-adult
Read in October, 2009

Full review at http://yannabe.com/2009/12/20/review-...

Summary: Mel, Avery, and Nina do everything together, and they always have. But the summer before senior year, Nina goes to leadership camp, leaving Mel and Avery to figure out how to be the Bermudez Triangle minus the Nina Bermudez side.

Review: I am officially caught up on all of MJ’s novels. More, please! (No, fo rilz. When is her next coming out?!)

This one wasn’t my favorite of hers, but it was an enjoyable read. Alternating points of view made it hard for me to settle in and fully connect with any one of the main characters.

But who cares when they’re packaged in MJ’s unique brand of funny? Sometimes, I am seriously concerned for that woman’s mental health. I truly hope she is, in fact, sane and healthy in the head because if one day we find out she’s got some rare brain condition, I’ll feel awfully bad for laughing at the early warning signs.

In this scene, Mel, Avery, and Nina are going to see a movie. Mel and Avery took off in one car together, leaving Nina with their new friend from work, Parker, whom Nina doesn’t know at all.

Parker and Nina were left staring at each other.

“I guess I’ll follow you,” he said. “Unless you want to ride in the Roach.”

“The Roach?”

Parker pointed to a corroded red VW Bug with a taped-up back window.

“Why do you call your car The Roach?”

“She will outlive us all,” he explained, swinging his key ring around his finger. “In the end, it’ll just be some rocks, Styrofoam, and my car.”

“Right,” Nina said. “I’ll just take my car.”
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Bermudez Triangle.