Jana's Reviews > Of Human Bondage

Of Human Bondage by W. Somerset Maugham

Nov 27, 10

Read from October 22 to November 23, 2010

You know those people that are scared of silence? So, if you find yourself in a situation where talk isn’t necessary, you can just enjoy the view, those people will ridiculously blabber just because they think they have to.

'Isn’t this traffic jam just exhausting. Every day the same, oh, look, this guy with a guitar is crossing the street, I wonder where he is going. See, that blue car didn’t even see this tram, nearly knocked this lad over! Omg, luckily, it’s such a nice day, imagine if it were raining. But they said it would rain this week, and yeah, although it’s sunny, you can smell winter in the air. All the birds are gone to south, except those that have to stay in the city. Have you ever thought about baby pigeons? Ammm… I did. Aww look, that mom has triplets, that must be hard. Imagine her sleeping schedule. When does she eat? What will I eat today? Maybe I’ll go to 'Bio&Bio' store and buy myself some black lentils with amaranth. I’ll add leek, put some rucola and a bit of feta cheese and, uff, that’ll be nice, dark chocolate soya pudding for a dessert. Oh, sorry, am I standing on your foot? I didn’t even notice, this tram is crowded. What did you say? Aha, aha, you’re going out on the next stop. Well, too bad, it was really nice seeing you. Call me, we’ll catch up...'

This book was equally exhausting.
13 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Of Human Bondage.

message 1: by Gary (new)

Gary Christensen This has been rising rapidly on my to read list. How is it? Maugham can be hit or miss.

message 2: by Jana (last edited Oct 29, 2010 02:45PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jana Give me few weeks, currently I'm on JC Somoza. He is so different from everything I've read so far.

Praj Dark chocolate soya pudding?Hmm.. interesting!!

Jana I've read that too. You little nagging thorn, you Leo, thank you for being so subtle about my intellectual abilities. Why don't you dedicate your life rescuing fingers from hangnails since I know you would love to do that and just that. I am washing my mouth as you are reading this. :D

message 5: by Leo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leo Ushanoff Dumb people like you should not be here. Wash your pussy instead.

message 6: by Jana (last edited Jun 16, 2013 09:34AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jana ''Oh fuckedupness, you are here to stay. Anger management, I'm coming darling. I am. The poetry of that.'' Quoting your inner monologues.

message 7: by Cat (new) - rated it 3 stars

Cat For me this book is exactly about the opposite of that. Or at least the main character is