Jana's Reviews > Of Human Bondage

Sep 21, 2015

it was ok
bookshelves: fiction
Read from October 22 to November 23, 2010

You know those people that are scared of silence? So, if you find yourself in a situation where talk isn’t necessary, you can just enjoy the view, those people will ridiculously blabber just because they think they have to.

'Isn’t this traffic jam just exhausting. Every day the same, oh, look, this guy with a guitar is crossing the street, I wonder where he is going. See, that blue car didn’t even see this tram, nearly knocked this lad over! Omg, luckily, it’s such a nice day, imagine if it were raining. But they said it would rain this week, and yeah, although it’s sunny, you can smell winter in the air. All the birds are gone to south, except those that have to stay in the city. Have you ever thought about baby pigeons? Ammm… I did. Aww look, that mom has triplets, that must be hard. Imagine her sleeping schedule. When does she eat? What will I eat today? Maybe I’ll go to 'Bio&Bio' store and buy myself some black lentils with amaranth. I’ll add leek, put some rucola and a bit of feta cheese and, uff, that’ll be nice, dark chocolate soya pudding for a dessert. Oh, sorry, am I standing on your foot? I didn’t even notice, this tram is crowded. What did you say? Aha, aha, you’re going out on the next stop. Well, too bad, it was really nice seeing you. Call me, we’ll catch up...'

This book was equally exhausting.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Of Human Bondage.

03/30 marked as: read

message 1: by Gary (new)

Gary Christensen This has been rising rapidly on my to read list. How is it? Maugham can be hit or miss.

Praj Dark chocolate soya pudding?Hmm.. interesting!!

message 3: by Cat (new) - rated it 3 stars

Cat For me this book is exactly about the opposite of that. Or at least the main character is