Daisiemae's Reviews > Silver and Gold

Silver and Gold by Devon Rhodes

Dec 22, 2009

bookshelves: books-read-in-2010, books-reviewed-in-2010, contemporary-romance, e-book, easy-reading, favorite-heroes, male-male-romance-erotica, may-december, opposites-attract
Read in January, 2010 , read count: 2

Silver and Gold is the first book I've read written by Devon Rhodes, and it definitely won't be my last! Although there were times I wanted to strangle Geoff with his shoelaces, I still liked him, and in the end, I really liked Geoff and Abe together.

Geoff is a middle aged man who is really just starting to open himself up to his homosexual feelings. I did understand why he was nervous and excited to try to rekindle a relationship with his old friend, but once he met Abe I kept wondering why in the world would he want anyone but him?

I loved Abe. He's fun and flirty and I enjoyed every word that was written about him. I loved the dialog that went between him and his friend, Kim, who also happens to be Geoff's employee. I think Abe would have been a fun character to create and write, because I know I loved reading about him. There were times I thought that Abe might have been too good for Geoff, but in the end I really liked them together. To me, this book had a more HFN ending than a HEA, but it still ended on a very uplifting and positive note and I definitely appreciated that!

I'm looking forward to reading more by Devon Rhodes. I liked her writing voice and I'm hoping to see more of Abe and Geoff in the future. I would love to see how their relationship develops as time goes on.

4.25 stars!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Silver and Gold.

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Very nice,Shell, and even nicer to see you

Daisiemae Thanks, S! It's been a tough couple of weeks, but I'm determined to get out of the funk I've been in! :)

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Great review!

Drew Terrific review, Shell

message 5: by Brenda (b) (new) - added it

Brenda (b) Great Review Shellie

Lindsay I didn't care for Geoff that much. I liked Abe a lot, but honestly think he could have done better than being with Geoff.
Awesome review.

Rachel Great review, Shellie

message 8: by Devon (new) - added it

Devon Rhodes Thanks, Shellie! I love Abe too. ;) We haven't seen the last of him, and Kim will be back too!

Daisiemae Yay, Devon! I can't wait to read more about Abe and Geoff:) That's very good news! Thanks!

Brent Wonderful review, Shell