Daisiemae's Reviews > Silver and Gold

Silver and Gold by Devon Rhodes

Silver and Gold is the first book I've read written by Devon Rhodes, and it definitely won't be my last! Although there were times I wanted to strangle Geoff with his shoelaces, I still liked him, and in the end, I really liked Geoff and Abe together.

Geoff is a middle aged man who is really just starting to open himself up to his homosexual feelings. I did understand why he was nervous and excited to try to rekindle a relationship with his old friend, but once he met Abe I kept wondering why in the world would he want anyone but him?

I loved Abe. He's fun and flirty and I enjoyed every word that was written about him. I loved the dialog that went between him and his friend, Kim, who also happens to be Geoff's employee. I think Abe would have been a fun character to create and write, because I know I loved reading about him. There were times I thought that Abe might have been too good for Geoff, but in the end I really liked them together. To me, this book had a more HFN ending than a HEA, but it still ended on a very uplifting and positive note and I definitely appreciated that!

I'm looking forward to reading more by Devon Rhodes. I liked her writing voice and I'm hoping to see more of Abe and Geoff in the future. I would love to see how their relationship develops as time goes on.

4.25 stars!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Silver and Gold.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Very nice,Shell, and even nicer to see you

Daisiemae Thanks, S! It's been a tough couple of weeks, but I'm determined to get out of the funk I've been in! :)

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Great review!

Drew Terrific review, Shell

message 5: by Brenda (b) (new) - added it

Brenda (b) Great Review Shellie

Lindsay I didn't care for Geoff that much. I liked Abe a lot, but honestly think he could have done better than being with Geoff.
Awesome review.

Rachel Great review, Shellie

message 8: by Devon (new) - added it

Devon Rhodes Thanks, Shellie! I love Abe too. ;) We haven't seen the last of him, and Kim will be back too!

Daisiemae Yay, Devon! I can't wait to read more about Abe and Geoff:) That's very good news! Thanks!

Brent Wonderful review, Shell