Lee's Reviews > Invisible I

Invisible I by Amanda Valentino

Dec 22, 09

Read in December, 2009

Although this high school mystery poses more questions than it answers, this is a good read for anyone who is after something a little bit different in their teen novel. It's a collaborative project (which took me a bit of Googling to figure out) between multiple authors working under the alias Stella Lennon, and there is also an interactive website where you can sign up and contribute your own stories. It's an interesting way to blur the boundaries between the reader and the author, and I think teens might really dig the different characters and the mystery behind what happened to the elusive Amanda.

Unfortunately, this book left me feeling quite unsatisfied. The character development of Callie, the narrative voice for this first installment, is mostly resolved. However, the focus of the mystery- Callie, Hal and Nia's search for Amanda- is in no way finalised. Apparently there will be 8 books in this series, and I might just be inclined to read them to find out what happens! I guess I could be cynical and call it a clever marketing technique, as I wouldn't necessarily be clamouring to read the other books if I new what happened at the end of this one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Invisible I.