Elizabeth Caran's Reviews > Divine Misdemeanors

Divine Misdemeanors by Laurell K. Hamilton

Dec 22, 2009

bookshelves: california, faeries, united-states, urban-fantasy
Read from January 04 to 14, 2010

I actually thought the Merry Gentry series was over. The last book kind of tied things up in a way that I figured ended it all. But lo and behold, here's another! I really enjoyed this one as it got back to the basics of the first book, solving a mystery, and kept up the relationships with Merry and her men. I'm excited to know the series will continue.

Merry Gentry is a PI. She is also a Princess of Faerie. In fact, she really should be queen by all accounts, but she chose to give up the crown for love.

So now she is once again exiled to Los Angeles where she works with an unusual Investigation Firm that deals with magic and unusual happenings. In the meantime, she works to balance her home and her multiple lovers. Oh, and she is pregnant. With twins. It's a lot for one pint-sized Princess to handle. And she does it fairly effortlessly.

These books are fun to read and althought the sex can sometimes overshadow the plot through the series, this book has a very good balance.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Divine Misdemeanors.