Irisheyz77's Reviews > Hex Hall

Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins

2204659
Jul 29, 14

bookshelves: tenners, arc, ya, werewolves, vampires, usa, signed, series, romance, paranormal, for-review, fae, debut, review-posted
Read from January 20 to 24, 2010

Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins is a book that I was really eager to read so I was very happy when I picked up a copy at ALA MW. This was one book that I couldn't wait to read and I started it almost immediately. And let me tell you that it was love from the first page. I was instantly drawn to the character of Sophie. I loved her voice. It was so fresh and unique and sounded so very real. Sophie is smart and she doesn't put up with anything from anyone. She enters Hex Hall at a bit of disadvantage from the others in her school as she wasn't raised in the magical world. But she doesn't let that disadvantage slow her down. Nor does the desire to learn all she can about being a witch mean that she's willing to compromise knowledge for what is right. Sophie has a clear head on her shoulders and its refreshing to see.

Hex Hall was a delight to read and I hated to see it end. Trust me on this one, when you read the ending you'll feel the same. Hex Hall is part of a trilogy so there is a bit of a cliff hanger to the ending. Which I have to say I hate! I so prefer books that could also work as stand alones. But at the same time the fact that I can't wait for the next book is a testament the amazing story and world that Rachel Hawkins has created. I loved the world that Hawkins created. She is a gifted writer and knows just the right moments to drop in a little bit of history that will add to the moment but not distract the reader with too much detail. Hex Hall will be available on 02 March and if you like strong heroines and a hint of magic and mystery then this is a story that I would recommend that you check out.

As originally posted on my blog Ticket to Anywhere
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hex Hall.

01/20/2010 page 63
19.5% "...really enjoying this so far. love sophie's voice. really wish i've had more time to read"
01/22/2010 page 176
54.49% "...loving it!! very witty, great world building. I hate putting it down."