Lonnie's Reviews > The Da Vinci Code

The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown

Dec 22, 09

bookshelves: suspense, got-me-books

I didn't pay any attention to this book, until I heard about the movie that Tom Hanks was doing. Well, I love Tom Hanks and I'll go see anything he's in (as long as it's not rated R). Well, the closer the movie release came, the more buzz it got and I think my mom had bought the book. I decided to read the book, before I saw the movie and, since I was bound and determined to see the movie on opening day, I literally only had a day or two to read it. This was while I was living at home and doing Grad School, so I took one entire day off and just sat and read the book. I remember that my Dad and Grandma B. were going to lunch and invited me, but of course, I couldn't put the book down, so I took it with me and read it in the car. When we got to A&W, they practically had to drag the book out of my hands, so I could eat. I snarfed down that food so fast! Anyway, long story short, I finished the book that night and went and saw the movie the next afternoon. I loved both, even though they're different (I even made a list comparing the two, and I still have it somewhere...)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Da Vinci Code.

Quotes Lonnie Liked

Dan Brown
“Faith ― acceptance of which we imagine to be true, that which we cannot prove.”

Dan Brown
“These books can't possibly compete with centuries of established history, especially when that history is endorsed by the ultimate bestseller of all time."
Faukman's eyes went wide. "Don't tell me Harry Potter is actually about the Holy Grail."
"I was referring to the Bible."
Faukman cringed. "I knew that.”

Dan Brown
“Telling someone about what a symbol means is like telling someone how music should make them feel.”