Dustin Crazy little brown owl's Reviews > Faces of Fear

Dec 22, 09

bookshelves: read-in-2008
Read in August, 2008, read count: 1

Faces of Fear by John Saul, read August 2008

Saul's 35th Novel! Plastic surgery, My Space and homosexuality, oh my! Other themes in this book include: wealth, perfection, teens, online predators, self, perception, image, change and ego. This was not bad for a John Saul novel, not bad at all! Right away I found the story intriguing and Saul was able to keep my interest throughout the book, although as the story went on, it became just a little unbelievable. The one thing I am impressed with more than anything is this book's ending! I've been a Saul fan for over a decade (since I first read The Blackstone Chronicles: The Serial Thriller Complete in One Volume (Blackstone Chronicles) as a teenager), and this ending was not typical off the wall John Saul; the ending was normal with a nice conclusion to the story.

This book was originally "The Face of Fear" but Saul changed the title slightly so it wouldn't be confused with a Dean Koontz book by the same name. I would still rank The Homing and The Manhattan Hunt Club higher on the list of Saul's best, but I think fans will enjoy this story of "The Frankenstein Killer"!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Faces of Fear.