Kasha's Reviews > Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing

Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing by Judy Blume

Dec 22, 09

bookshelves: boy-books, girl-books
Read in December, 2009

As far as kids books go, this one is way up there. I love reading about all of fudge's antics. I happened to have both kids with me at the library the other day when I pulled this off the shelf. I asked them if they had read it thinking that surely they had, but neither one of them did remember reading it. I think this book was read to me when I was in gradeschool, but I had almost no recollection as I read it through today. It is only a 3.3 on the AR reading scale, which is disappointing, and the sequels stay in the threes. I wish I'd had my son read these a couple years ago. I'm sure he'll enjoy them; I just wish that I could find something funny like this that was on a level that would really challenge him.

Some highlights:

*When the dad INSISTS that an important company visitor will be more comfortable staying at their apartment rather than a hotel.

*When the mom leaves town and dad has to take care of the boys! All wives know that can only mean trouble.

*When mom leaves fudge (two and a half year old) with his older brother and two friends for ten minutes.

*Fudge's birthday party.

*The way Fudge's parents finally convince him to eat when he decides not to eat anymore.
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing.