Marilag's Reviews > Animal Farm

Animal Farm by George Orwell

Feb 01, 11

bookshelves: 2011-reads, philosophical, classic
Read from January 31 to February 01, 2011

Believe it or not, I've never read this book for school or anything until now. I took the opportunity to borrow Animal Farm in the library when I found the 50th anniversary hardcover edition, with beautiful pictures by Ralph Steadman.

I can absolutely understand why the book is such a popular--and highly controversial--book to be discussed in high schools alike. It's a really short read, rather very good, and can still be historically relevant, even in today's time period. Not gonna say much else, I don't want to get into an essay over the book, as I'm sure everyone and their mothers have written about this book at some point during the educational process of literature, lol.

Still, I rather enjoyed reading about the crazily despotic Napoleon! Forget Wilbur, Napoleon was Some Pig.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Animal Farm.

02/01/2011 page 140

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rin (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rin I know you've probably read it before and are just rereading but I have to say, I absolutely LOVED that book.

Marilag Lol, actually, I've not read this book before >__>

But I got a beautifully illustrated copy from the library and am like...40-50 pages in. XD

Rin wrote: "I know you've probably read it before and are just rereading but I have to say, I absolutely LOVED that book."

message 3: by Rin (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rin I'm jealous. All I read was the school-issued version with an absurdly long introduction.

Kayla This is one of my favorite books that I ever had to read for school. Juuust putting that out there.