Anna705's Reviews > Living Dead in Dallas

Living Dead in Dallas by Charlaine Harris

U_50x66
Jan 05, 10

I think this book, Living Dead In Dallas, is really complicated and mysterious. There is always a villian or problem that Charlaine Harris don't uncover until the end, which is really agonizing. She gives you some clues that will probably help you figure it out but in the end it's a huge surprise.
In the investigative shows my mother and I watchlike Law and Order, Ncis, Csi the clues always lead up to one person, but then in the end that person was framed or something because the culprit is a totally different person than who you thought and it comes as a big surprise. Such things also happen in this book.
Sookie on the other hand has a certain gift that gives her the power to know who actually did it. But the gift of mind reading isn't always good in Sookie's case. Because of that "gift" she always gets in trouble.
Sookis lives in a town with vampires, and it just so happens that her boyfriend Bill is a vampire. Him, Sookie's brother Jason, and Bill's vampire friends always depend on Sookie to use her gift to figure out what happened to their friends, or crimes. Which usually gets her hurt with the people who actually commit these crimes. People that aren't usually people, they're usually other creatures like Maenads, shapeshifters, and werewolves.
Now I know that stuff really doesn't exist in the world we live in but people get hurt like that all the time. They get in to the wrong stuff at the wrong time and then they end up getting hurt by people they don't even know. But those people blames this one person for something. Usually that happens to them because the person who they thought was their best friend betrayed them somehow.
Now Sookie is kind of in a different situation, but also a similar one because she knows she can trust the people around her but the people around the people she is around are really bad people. So she gets dragged in.
I do that to my brothers all the time. If I get in trouble I would say my brother did it. Or when I want to plot something against my sister or my other brother. I will drag my brother into it.
So really this book is a book taking place in a magical world, with creatures beyond us. Some people in the world are good to hang around some aren't. Some things are good for you some aren't. Just, you don't really want to get involved into something, that you don't know where it will take you.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Living Dead in Dallas.

dateDown_arrow    newest »