Auntee's Reviews > Riding the Night

Riding the Night by Jaci Burton

Aug 31, 10

bookshelves: jaci-burton, romantic-suspense, erotic-romance, ménage, 2010_reads, part-of-a-series
Recommended for: Fans of the series; Fans of erotic romance featuring some hot biker types
Read from August 27 to 31, 2010

This was a good ending to a pretty hot series about former bad-boy bikers who work as undercover operatives for a secret government agency known as the Wild Riders. All of the Wild Riders had all previously been in trouble with the law at one time or another and were going nowhere fast (jail) until General Grange Lee (who runs the agency)turned their lives around by hand picking them to work on the right side of the law.

This was the story of 29-year-old best buds AJ and Pax (no last names given?) who while on vacation from the WR decide to ride out on their bikes towards AJ's old stomping grounds in Missouri. AJ hasn't been back in the area since he left a bad home life, and the teenage love of his life, 10 years ago. When AJ and Pax decide to visit the town's popular biker bar, AJ is stunned to see that the beautiful raven haired bartender/owner who Pax is hitting on is none other than his old girlfriend, Teresa.

Teresa can't believe that after all these years, she's finally come face-to-face with the guy who broke her young heart so long ago by leaving town without her. A lot has happened to Teresa in those 10 years, and she has some trust issues with men that she's still trying to work out. Teresa tries to play it cool but AJ is even hotter and sexier than he was years ago. And the blond haired, goateed, buff best friend he has traveling with him...wow!

When her twin brother Joey and his peace loving biker gang (the Thorns) are involved in a dispute with rival, drug-dealing gang "the Fists" in Teresa's bar, blood is spilled, Joey is accused of murder, and only Teresa has witnessed the crime. Joey didn't do it, and Teresa will do anything to prove it and clear her brother's name. The police are getting nowhere finding the killer that only Teresa can describe, and Joey still remains the prime suspect. Since the suspect and the Fists have mysteriously disappeared, it dawns on Teresa that they may be at a well-known biker rally in South Dakota, and she's determined to head up there and find him. AJ and Pax decide to help her and go along, and if something develops between AJ and Teresa, or Pax and Teresa, or AJ, Teresa, and Pax...they'll just keep it simple, and have a good time.

Will Teresa, AJ, and Pax be able to find the elusive suspect and clear Joey's name? Will AJ and Pax, who always share their women, be able to share Teresa? Will Teresa be able to overcome her fears and trust AJ/or Pax enough to have a sexual relationship with either or both of them? Will AJ and Pax, who both had difficult childhoods where people they loved let them down, be able to allow themselves to really fall in love with a woman for the first time? And if they do, will Teresa love them back?

Well, I've got nothing negative to say about this story. The writing was good, the story was easy to follow and moved quickly, there was a touch of suspense and a few surprises thrown in, the characters were extremely likable, and the love scenes were hot, but didn't monopolize the story. There was plenty of background given about the characters (physical descriptions, their pasts) that I felt like I knew them well enough and was able to connect with them. Teresa was tough but lovable. AJ and Pax were adorably sexy, protective, and patient with Teresa, and when Teresa (who called the shots sexually) gave them the go ahead, they could get all alpha in the bedroom. The sex scenes were hot, whether it was one-on-one, or two-on-one, and there didn't seem to be any jealousies between the two men regarding Teresa. Amazing. They put her feelings and her welfare first above everything else--who could resist that? They were a couple of sweethearts, and I enjoyed seeing Pax fall in love for the first time, and seeing AJ deal with his guilt over leaving Teresa and rediscovering his love for her. Teresa was one lucky woman.

Fans of the series should be happy with this book, but will be sad to see it all end. I know I am. There wasn't a bad book in the whole sexy lot. This one might not have replaced my favorite ( Riding on Instinct) but it came pretty close. Well done, Jaci Burton. 4 stars.

Photobucket

AJ and Teresa
16 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Riding the Night.

08/27/2010 page 1
0.0% 6 comments
08/30/2010 page 107
33.0% "Easy read so far..." 2 comments
08/31/2010 page 320
100.0% "Pretty good."
show 1 hidden update…

message 1: by southpaw285 (new)

southpaw285 Glad to see you liked this one, Auntee. I've enjoyed this series and look forward to reading the last two books.

Robin *loves sexy books* I thought it was a great last book. I'm gonna miss my wild riders though! :(

message 3: by MelissaB (new)

MelissaB Great review Auntee! I still need to start this series.

Auntee Thanks Melissa--this is a solid series.:)

Thanks Zosia--wish I could've found a nice pic of Pax. If you see any pics of a spikey dark-blond haired, goateed, brown eyed buff guy around 30...

Quinn I haven't started this series yet Auntee, but how's this for Pax?

[image error]

message 6: by Nissie (new)

Nissie Great review,Auntee! Sounds like a worthwhile series. Love the photo!! :) Very nice touch!

Auntee Quinn wrote: "I haven't started this series yet Auntee, but how's this for Pax?

"

Oh wow, if we can lighten his hair just a bit he'd do just fine! He certainly has the 'attitude'!:)

Auntee Thanks Nissie!

Shawna How did I miss this?! Great review, Auntee! I'm sad the series has ended, but I can't wait for her new (Perfect?) series to come out.

Auntee Thanks Shawna!
Are we taliking 'Perfect' as in Jed?;)

Shawna OH YEAH! :)

Auntee Check it out!
Jed speaks! Watch this behind the scenes video...

Shawna Nice!

message 14: by Nissie (new)

Nissie Thank you, Auntee! It's not even my birthday! :)

Auntee You're welcome Nissie! Happy to help!;)