Megan's Reviews > Heart of the Dragon

Heart of the Dragon by Gena Showalter

Mar 21, 10

bookshelves: paranormal-romance, werewolves-and-shifters, captive-kidnapped-trapped
Read from March 19 to 21, 2010

First book in the Atlantis series. I loved this story!! I’ve already started the second book in this series!! I loved the h/h!! They are such a good match for each other. The only reason I didn’t give this book 5 stars is because I thought the story slowed down a little too much in the middle. Other than that, I thought this book was just amazing; I love Ms. Showalter’s style of writing!! She packs her story with fun, adventure, sexy guys, and humor!

Grace Carlyle is searching for her missing brother. She is in the Amazon and suddenly stumbles into some mist and comes face to face with Darius en Kragin. Darius is a shape-shifting dragon who rules other dragons and defends the borders of Atlantis (which is filled with vampires, dragons, demons, nymphs, and countless other mythical creatures) against anyone who strays into its borders- by killing them. Darius has shut out emotion from his life when surface dwellers killed his parents when he was young. He doesn’t show his emotions or see any colors… until Grace walks into the mist with her fiery red hair… so how is he supposed to kill someone who basically gives him life? He takes her “prisoner” and so begins a passionate story of love and adventure!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heart of the Dragon.

03/19/2010 page 200