Ginny's Reviews > Shiver

Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

Dec 21, 09

bookshelves: young-adult

I'm a voracious reader. Every week I check out 6 or 7 books from the library and bring them home and devour them. I often wish for waterproof books because then I could stand in the shower and shampoo with one hand and read with the other. As it is, I carry books around the house with me and read while I'm brushing my teeth or drying my hair or waiting for the laundry to finish. Having said that, I very, very seldom buy books because most of them I can read and take back to the library without feeling the need to own them. Except for this book. I want this book so I can read it again and again and savor the language and the atmosphere and the marvelous characters and the breathless plot. I want to bind the words to myself like a Jewish person would lay tefillin. It was that beautiful. Most books I read quickly, but I didn't want this book to ever end. I wanted to know what happened but I also wanted to prolong my time with Sam and Grace and Olivia and Beck and even Jack and Isabel. Very few books have gripped me like Shiver.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shiver.