Dana *'s Reviews > World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War

Apr 19, 2010

it was ok
bookshelves: zombies, horror, group-reads
Recommended to Dana * by: horror aficiandos group
Recommended for: zombie lovers, dystopian view
Read from April 07 to 19, 2010 , read count: 1

** spoiler alert ** A tale of dystopian future of earth after the world is taken over by zombies. TOld through personal interviews with survivors, almost all of which are military personnel of some type.

I enjoyed the story telling device at first, but about 2/3 of the way through it grew tiring. Virtually the same accounts from another military survivor. However, I believe that this totally fits in with the authors storyline, makes perfect sense, and is exactly what one would expect to see from a documentary after a war. It is just a personal opinion that the book needed more variety in the subjects interviewed.

My favorite among the interviews was of a military group that was in charge of using dogs to control zombies for hunt and destroy missions. That the most valuable dogs were not big ones but little dauchsunds, because they could crawl into small spaces. And the loyalty of their handlers. Very human touch.
The book was a small let down for me, but I would still recommend it to those interested in the view of a world after a cataclysmic event.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read World War Z.

04/08/2010 page 52