Michael's Reviews > Christmas in Killarney

Christmas in Killarney by Cash Cole

Dec 20, 09

bookshelves: gay-romance, gay-fiction, gay-holiday, gay-menage-a-trois
Read in December, 2009 — I own a copy, read count: 1

I normally avoid romance novels that contain open/polyamorous relationships…this book taught me that I shouldn’t put up such roadblocks. It will also teach me that I should read book descriptions better. They did not hide the fact that the book contains a ménage à trois and had I seen that I probably would have not purchased it to read. Hell, it’s on the cover. I would have deprived myself of a cute little story. I saw Christmas and Irish and I jumped right in.

Colin is a write for a magazine and he’s lost his edge. He goes to visit his sister and one night he has a little accident and wakes up naked on the floor of a church. He if found by Harry who owns a local Irish pub with his partner Morgan. Bad weather forces Colin to bunk up with the two lovers, but what each side has to offer the other is what makes their friendship grow. Colin needs something to help light that writer's spark in him and Morgan and Harry are interested in treating themselves to a third participant in their sexual relationship.

Wrapped in this erotic storyline is a Christmas story with a warm heart. Colin meeting Harry and Morgan isn’t the only Christmas miracle.

Harry and Morgan are an interesting couple and presented as a very healthy and happy pairing. They love each other deeply. They share a life together and are totally committed. Together they have decided that they would invite a third person into their bed if it were the right person. Colin is such a person.

There are a few things in the story that made me scratch my head…character flaws that made me wonder “why would they do that?” Example: Colin makes a rather large (easily over $1000.00) purchase for the couple and he’s only known them a day. But they aren’t big enough to derail the overall story. It’s cute. If you read the description and it sounds like something you’d enjoy then chances are good that you probably will.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Christmas in Killarney.