Cindy's Reviews > Libyrinth

Dec 20, 2009

liked it
bookshelves: teen-fantasy, read-in-2009
Read in December, 2009

I have mixed feelings about this book. I don't know if it was that my expectations were higher then what the book delivered or if it just was that this wasn't what I was expecting.

The story and plot line is great for people who love books and it's fairly easy to follow. However I thought there were a few issues that really prevented me from enjoying it. First, the little nod thing was a little ..... odd. Another odd and completely out there item was the massage segements those were just too long and a little out there, not really conductive to the plot and a downfall in my opinion. Second, while the use of quotes was nice it started to get over used in the end. The quoting of the books seemed to disrupte the flow of the book. The last thing that was odd was the timing of the plot, it seemed that the amount of time wasn't relative to what really happened. So when I found out that it was a month, it really felt like a week. That just made it feel off.

I will probably check out the second book when it's published because it wasn't totally bad it just seemed off in some parts. But I wouldn't readily recommend the book to someone.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Libyrinth.