Anita's Reviews > Second Skin

Second Skin by Caitlin Kittredge

Dec 20, 09

bookshelves: urban-fantasy, paranormal-mystery, paranormal-romance, mystery
Read in December, 2009

I've very annoyed with the person who chose the title of this book. It has nothing to do with the story, and worse it uses the word SECOND when it's the THIRD book in the series. VERY ANNOYING! The one time I don't check book order before I start reading, I get burned and accidentally skip a book in a series. Bad editor - bad, bad! Oh, and the cover is stupid - she's wearing a slinky dress and heels when all she wears in the story is ripped up T-shirts and jeans. Bad, I say!

But the story is good. If you like contemporary paranormal crime/detective type stories that are a little bit dark, this is a great series. It's even got a pinch of romance mixed in.

The quick and dirty version of the plot: Luna Wilder (werewolf) got kicked off homicide after book 2, so now she's working SWAT. Bryson, a former colleague from homicide who she hates, calls her up desperate for help with a string of murders of prominent werewolves from all the different clans. Eventually, some freaky new creatures enter the story, but to tell you what they are and what they do would give too much away. Also, Luna's having relationship problems with her werewolf, demon-possessed boyfriend, Dimitri.

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Second Skin.