Mike's Reviews > True Compass: A Memoir

May 25, 11

liked it
bookshelves: autobiography-memoir
Read in January, 2010

Senator Edward Kennedy has been in the political limelight for over 40 years. He has been hated and loved but never ignored. As the ninth child of twelve, he grew up trying to catch up. As most people know, the Kennedys have also had an unusual amount of sorrow in their lives. The fact that they were wealthy did not shelter them from this sorrow.

Senator Kennedy had this book published as a memoir -- a chronological seguence of his life. He begins with his earlies mamories and takes us through his teens, schools, family, politics, deaths of his siblings, and his mistakes. He details his relationship with his father as well as all his siblings and people he met along the way. His deep faith is also quite evident throughout the memoir. That has always been his guiding light.

I have never been an admirer of Senator Kennedy but this book has given me a new outlook on the life of a man who spent most of his adult life trying to help those in need. From segragation to health care and everything in between. I now belive he was a sincere man who tried to do the best he could for those in need.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read True Compass.