Barbara ★'s Reviews > Head To Head

1968285
Mar 13, 10

bookshelves: mystery-fbi-pi-cop, read-2010, first-in-series
Read from March 11 to 13, 2010

OMG talk about gruesome! Half of this book was the disturbing life story of the killer and the other half the police investigation. The killer's story was so unsettling that I found myself skipping parts of it because it just turned my stomach to know what was done to him. Eventhough you sort of know who the killer is (he's called Brat - as in you're such a brat - through the whole book), the ending is such a shock, I actually said "no way" when I got that far. This book will seriously mess with your head.

Claire, the cop, reminds me of Eve Dallas (of J.D. Robb's In Death series) with her brusk attitude and disturbed past. I really enjoyed Claire and Nick Black's interactions. Nick Black is the psychiatrist at the high-end spa (drug rehab place) where the first murder takes place.

If you haven't tried this author and like mind-blowing psychological suspense, do yourself a favor and pick this one up. I think Linda Ladd's right up their with Keith Ablow, another great psychological suspense author.

This is actually the first book in the series, followed by Enter Evil - another spectacular read.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Head To Head.

03/11/2010 page 75
03/13/2010 page 168
47.73% "good book but I haven't had time to read. will finish today."