Pavel's Reviews > Madita

Madita by Astrid Lindgren

Dec 20, 2009

bookshelves: read-with-sonya

We've read it with my daughther following Manny's advice. I never saw such response from my child. She was jumping around her room, laughing out loud, she wanted to discuss every plotline, because they all affected something inside of her.
Most intersting thing is that I never saw such reaction on any fairy-tale book. Common opinion that kids tend to love imaginery worlds, full of fabricated characters. "Madicken" (there is a mess between "madita" and "madicken" titles, but I figured book we've just read is this one)is totally realistic. Even Ultomte (Swedish Santa) is revealed as a Ture, the neighbor. That was a lesson about my daughter for me too.
Anyway the book is unbelievble fun.
16 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Madita.

03/06 marked as: read

Manny I am so happy to hear your daughter liked it!

message 2: by Tatiana (new)

Tatiana Is it in English? I want to read a book that makes me jump around the room and laugh out loud.

Pavel Tatiana wrote: "Is it in English? I want to read a book that makes me jump around the room and laugh out loud."

are you seven, Tatiana? :)

Pavel Thank you again, Manny

message 5: by Tatiana (new)

Tatiana A little older than seven, but jumping for joy is fun at any age. =)

All you polyglots amaze me; I only can read in English. Is it translated? Should I just learn the language? You've piqued my curiosity about this book.

Pavel I've been readin it to my child in russian, obviously - she's too small to know foreign languages, but I'm 100% sure the book was translated into English already. Manny should know about GB-US editions

Pavel I wish I had read it when I was 9, Katia :)