Leslie's Reviews > Seduced by a Rogue

Seduced by a Rogue by Amanda Scott

Jan 07, 10

bookshelves: first-reads, books-i-own

** spoiler alert ** I won this book from the giveaway section on Goodreads. First win, after so many entries! I'd never read a historical romance before this one. I did have to try and get use to the way everyone speaks in the book(Aye, laddie,lass) although there where still some sentences that made no sense to me.
The story was about a 19 year old named Mairi ( who seemed much older then 19) and her family's feud with another family; The Maxwells. Robert, one of the Maxwells tries to convince Mairi's father to change the way they pay there taxes. When the father refuses, Robert kidnaps Mairi in an effort to change his mind. Mairi and Robert end up falling for each other and they try to stop their families going to war. I felt that the relationship between the two characters could haven been developed more,or there connection made more obvious but besides that it was a pretty good book.
Another thing was , Fiona Mairi's sisters fate was never discussed. She seemed to be married to a crazy abusive man , and the book ends without finding out what happens to her. Whether she was abducted or if she went willingly.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seduced by a Rogue.

01/06/2010 page 208