Pam's Reviews > Landing

197742
Dec 19, 2009

liked it
Read in December, 2009

I picked this book up because the cover reminded me of one of my (application) friends profile pic on facebook. (I like not knowing about a book before I read it - don't like being influenced by popular opinion).
I was happy to find the book a pleasant read (I've grabbed some real stinkers by the cover art - and I CANNOT stop once I start - what if there is total redemption in the ending?).

I enjoyed the main characters, but didn't think a whole bunch of the supporting characters (I guess that's why they could fall into each other so quickly and completely). I believe that opposites attract (and torment) one another - so the relationship seemed plausible to me. I also liked that Jude and Sile seemed pretty self aware (acknowledged a lot of personal limitations and didn't blame each other for a lot of personal baggage) - it took alot of high school drama scenes out of the book. Thanks for that Emma!

Solid writing, good storyline (well done for what is going to be fairly predictable) and I still like the cover art.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Landing.

07/09/2016 marked as: read

message 1: by Grace (new)

Grace Atwood M