Ash H.'s Reviews > The Gate to Women's Country

The Gate to Women's Country by Sheri S. Tepper

Aug 12, 2014

** spoiler alert ** Sheri Tepper has an imaginative pen which has the capacity to catch you unaware and then you realize how deep you have already landed in her world. I am not going to classify the book into cliche' terms like feminist, super-feminist, etc.
One third of our current world is already living in a post apocalypse atmosphere and to think this has not happened yet is ignoring the fact. Tepper's world is the extreme when nothing is left behind, which is going to be our fate soon if the current decline continues. What she does offer is that to route out war-like mentality, bigger yeast eats the smaller yeast attitude of current statesman and politicians.... if this doesn't change, something as radical would be needed to destroy it and "Gate to Women's country" would be one of the ways. Genetically select humans who have peaceful, intelligent dispositions and eliminate the war mongers like eliminating weeds and diseases. It would be as brutal a system as which it is trying to stop but may be with light at the end of the tunnel.
It is a well written piece and my favourite parts are of the play. One can die laughing of.... sorrow as well.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Gate to Women's Country.