Jenben8426's Reviews > ArchEnemy

F_50x66
Dec 18, 09

bookshelves: young-adult
Read in December, 2009

A good finish to the trilogy of the Looking Glass Wars by Frank Beddor. In the conclusion Alyce and Redd find that they are surprisingly stripped of their imaginations by the conniving King Arch. Of course if that wasn't enough, the Lord and Lady of Clubs have gone renegade and want to strip Wonderland of all Imaginationists. Alyce learns to rely on others and the relationships that mean the most to her.

I liked the final book. It was so much better than the second which was filled with fight after fight. There was much more of a storyline, development of characters, and a cohesiveness that had previously been lacking. I still had a hard time with some of the descriptions in the book. The author does have a fantastic imagination, but it can be a little hard to get with his ideas of all the technology and weaponry of this new Wonderland. He is so sure of his world, but I found myself a little bored and lost when he dived into describing some of the weaponry--I guess that is the part that helps boys relate to the story. I'm much more interested in the romance! :)

Good ending overall.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read ArchEnemy.