Nina M's Reviews > Romiette and Julio

Romiette and Julio by Sharon M. Draper

F 50x66
Dec 18, 2009

bookshelves: 7th-grade

I really liked this book because it was about this couple Romiette and Julio that did whatever it took to stay together because they loved each other. They showed me that if you really love someone you will do anything for them. And that means even getting kidnapped by a gang that doesn't want you together for racist reasons.

Now I understand that it doesn't matter what happens, if you just keep going and never give up you can do anything, especially for someone you truly love. Which is exactly what happened in this book. Romiette and Julio had scary things going on in their relationship which included having guns put to their heads, being in a lake when a lightning storm is going on, and being found under a fallen tree waiting to be found barely alive. But incredibly they survived with each other. If they had both been alone they would have died because they could not have saved each other with their body heat.

What I also learned from this book is that if you work together you have a much better chance of surviving than if you work alone. Because you can help each other out rather than being alone and having to take care of yourself. What if you were drowning? Your friend could help you and save you which would be much better than drowning and dying by yourself.

I highly recommend reading this book because I think anyone would love it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Romiette and Julio.