Mita's Reviews > Twitterature: The World's Greatest Books Retold Through Twitter

Twitterature by Alexander Aciman

Dec 17, 2009

liked it
bookshelves: humour-and-comedy, read-in-2010
Read from February 16 to 19, 2010

If you're like me, meaning, you're one of those people who always say they were going to read those books everybody else seem to have read and made them look couple of notches smarter than you but you never really get around to it the past decade... or ever, then this book is perfect!

Twitterature is like getting an English lit degree for just $16.95 in one day. And it's a lot more fun too. It has what most would consider the essential readings to English-language literature, and as they are in tweets, much more brief than even the Cliff Notes you never admit you have.

The book is a quick read, rather fun and definitely entertaining, but I don't suggest reading it all in the one go. I did that and after a while, everything starts sounding kind of the same. Still, it is a humorous take on Twitter/Cliff Notes/Literature.

The only down point is that the Penguin edition (the orange/white cover) is a rip off because it doesn't contain quite a few from the US edition. It doesn't help that those few seem to be the more interesting contemporary ones like Harry Potter and The Hobbit. Would've given it a 4 star if I'd had those in this edition!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Twitterature.

02/04 marked as: read