amanda marie's Reviews > Tuesdays with Morrie

F_50x66
Oct 23, 07

bookshelves: 50booksin07
Read in August, 2007

had heard and read nothing but positive feedback about this book, so I ended up expecting as much as I had heard. What's strange is that even though I know this movie is based on actual events, I found the story to be really hard to believe. I don't even know what it was really, since it wasn't the most random of scenarios. A middle-aged man visiting his mentor, who happens to be on his deathbed, after 16 years of no contact.

I had heard so many times that the book was 'life changing'. I guess it was life changing for me because it was almost equal with Nicholas Sparks in how over-the-top it is, and I didn't think that was possible. Jeez, I feel really bad saying that since the book is Albom spilling his guts about someone who meant a great deal to him, but it was just too much for me.

I also found Morrie to be really annoying. I know Albom wanted his opinion on things, but Morrie was so preachy about everything. 'Mitch, you can't live you life like that way - you have to live it the way I tell you to!'.

I think I may need to give it another chance. I haven't given up all hope though; I'm still very interested in reading For One More Day.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tuesdays with Morrie.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elysse (new)

Elysse Sounds parental but, I'm proud of you! You have complaints about the book but you're willing to give it a chance. Whether that chance is fruitful or not, may not even matter. I like you because a lot of people dislike the book because of the inexperienced writing, but you worry about the characters and message.

yay!